资源: Communications Toolkit: Postsecondary Pathways and The Shifting American Economy
资源 for communicating with families
Navigating pathways through high school, 高等教育和培训, and into the workforce can be overwhelming for students and families. Families need to be engaged early and often to ensure they have the resources and support they need to make informed decisions. But as the economy has shifted—including dramatic changes induced by the pandemic—many school and district leaders report lacking the concrete resources they need to communicate with families about shifts in the labor market and the different pathways students can pursue to find success in today’s economic reality.
ESG is excited to release a new toolkit to help districts, 学校, and other leaders who support a student’s educational journey effectively communicate with families about today’s economy and the different paths to success. These ready-to-use resources include key messages, 图形, 打印材料, 可定制的作品, and more from which communicators can build and execute their own contextualized communications plan.
The full suite of materials is available for download below. If you are a leader who would like additional support in using these materials to craft a family communications and engagement strategy, 请与Kelly Van Beveren联系 email@example.com.
Key Messages and Strategy Considerations
This document contains key messages for communicators to use, as well as six important strategy considerations (each with relevant additional resources) to ensure robust, successful communications with families. Start here to build the foundation of your communications plan.
Pick and choose from these one-pagers to illustrate different factors for families to consider as they support their student in making informed choices. 有些文件是随时可用的pdf格式, and others are customizable InDesign files that can be tailored to your specific context and needs. These pieces can be used in print or online.
- 中学后的成功选择 (PDF): A handy one-pager defining the different types of postsecondary education and training that can lead to economic opportunity for students.
- 多种成功途径 (PDF): A visual illustration of different pathways to long-term economic success, 包括入口, 退出, 以及沿途的汇聚点.
- 样本职业阶梯 (PDF): An example of how different levels of education and training can lead up a career ladder in the Information Technology Systems field.
- 样的职业晶格 (PDF): An example of how different education and training routes can lead to success in the Nursing field.
- 认识谁很重要 (PDF): An infographic showing the importance of building networks for career exploration and success.
- 一个学生的旅程 (排版软件名称): A customizable template to illustrate a student’s journey through high school and postsecondary education and training to enter a particular career.
- 本地就业机会增加 (排版软件名称): A customizable template to showcase specific career fields with growing opportunity in your area.
Information about the shifting economy and what that means for students’ postsecondary and career planning should be regularly incorporated into social media that reaches families. Below are five Twitter-optimized 图形—including one that can be customized with information about specific opportunities in your area—that can visually connect to a larger communications effort.
- 图形1 (JPEG):多条成功之路
- 图形2 (JPEG):你会选择什么路径?
- 图形3 (JPEG):高等教育是值得的
- 图片4 (JPEG): Average lifetime earnings for bachelor’s degree holders
- 图片5 (排版软件名称): Top growing local career opportunities (customizable)
If you are interested in reaching families through traditional mail, this customizable postcard can be adapted, 印刷, 并使用第一类邮件邮寄.
Start here to learn practical tips and tricks for customizing the pieces of this toolkit to fit your needs
- 如何构建您的工具箱 (PDF)